Monday, April 26, 2010

Everything for camping

Things I have:
  • cold weather sleeping bag
  • backpack
  • sleeping pad
  • hiking boots
  • long underwear
  • camelback
  • tarp
  • rope
  • first aid kit (with CPR mask!)
  • headlamp
  • waterbottles/nalgenes
  • hammock
Things I don't have
  • Cook stove and pot set
  • 2-person tent (with footprint)
  • water filtration gear
  • multi-tool
I'm so close to having it all! It's hard (but not impossible) to camp by myself without a tent and a cook stove, so those are first on my list. They are also the most expensive. I've held out because whenever I've gone camping someone else has had everything I haven't. But the last time I went camping was two years ago. I should probably stop waiting for someone with gear to invite me to go camping and just buy the stuff I need and then make the time to go. It's on the agenda for this summer. Just like straws, its going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment